There has never been a more exciting time to work in communications in Scotland.
We’re one of the world’s leading agencies, and we didn’t get that way by always doing the same thing. We’re looking for creative collaborators to push us in exciting new directions every single day. Think you’d be a good fit? Come work with us.
See below for our current vacancies.
We are very proud to have been an accredited ‘Investor in People’ employer since 2008 and more recently being awarded Gold level accreditation, recognising our dedication to our staff and providing a great working atmosphere. The award is a recognition for companies and institutions which strive for the best possible standards in people and management, and which support and nurture talent, and encourage personal development.
Read more about our award here.
On top of this, we’re also now a fully accredited Investor In Young People, with a graduate programme that hopes to recruit the best and brightest from around the country.
We encourage applications and enquiries from all backgrounds (a degree isn’t always required) as we believe innovation, creativity, entrepreneurialism and ideas come from many different origins. We value our diverse workforce and continue to attract people with a breadth of skills, knowledge and expertise.
We offer permanent and freelance roles, paid internships, work experience opportunities, a Weber Shandwick Trainee Scheme for those fresh out of University, and a Weber Shandwick Apprenticeship Scheme for school leavers. Our people have annual appraisals and are offered career development opportunities – including a Future Leaders Academy, formal courses, and on-the-job learning. As a global company with a network that spans 81 countries, we also offer opportunities to visit and work abroad.
We’re growing our Glasgow-based team and currently recruiting for a Manager. With agency or in-house experience you will have the ability to hit the ground running and play a pivotal role within the team, working across our Scotland business with local, national and international clients.
Think you’d be a good fit? Come work with us.
What will you be doing?
- Managing a range of accounts across consumer, B2B and corporate disciplines
- Media relations including copywriting features, thought leadership and releases
- Working with traditional and new influencers, from journalists to bloggers creating compelling social content plans
- Digital media management including content creation, community management and influencer engagement
- Working with agency colleagues to add creativity and insight to our clients’ strategies
- Managing outside suppliers to create valuable assets.
- Supporting the creation of strategic communications plans
Who are you?
- A blend of corporate, consumer & b2b, with a thirst for learning about new fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build trust / rapport with colleagues and clients quickly
- Solid writing skills across various styles including news, features and social
- ‘Self-starter’ who will take responsibility for getting things done without being micro-managed
- Take responsibility for developing junior staff
- Super-organised: knows what needs to be done and when, and makes it happen.
Even Better if:
- You understand how to bring research to inform strategy and/or evaluation
- You have experience of running social campaigns and community management
- You can demonstrate a track record of delivering client campaigns from inception to completion
Note from the talent team
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and we wish you all the best in your search.