There has never been a more exciting time to work in communications.
We’re one of the world’s leading agencies, working with incredible clients in Scotland and beyond, and creating the most innovative and eye-catching work we’ve ever produced.
Do you want to work on campaigns that go around the world? Learn alongside some incredible creative minds? Lead on award-winning projects? Think you’d be a good fit? Come work with us.
Creative Head / Creative Director
To apply: Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org marked Scotland Creative Director.
We are excited to announce that we are on the look-out for a brilliant creative thinker to join our expanding creative team in Scotland. This is a journey to transform one of the world’s most famous PR agencies into one of the world’s most famous creative agencies.
So what are we looking for… Needless to say, someone who’s equally ambitious and hungry to create iconic work. You’ll be an award-winning, ambitious creative thinker, as capable of cracking big, cross-media brand ideas as tactical, platform-specific campaigns that live at the intersection of social, digital innovation, PR and advertising.
You understand that the work that will define the industry work isn’t a TV ad or a billboard or a website. It might be a can of spray paint. It might be a travelling gnome. Or a house built by data. Whatever it is, it transcends discipline and media. It has the power to break free of its channel to become social or news currency.
You’ll get the craft too, and can take an idea the whole way – from conception all the way to award entries.
There is a wealth of varied and unusual opportunities here – from consumer brands to social impact clients, to B2B and tech. So from one week to the next, it’s never the same.
There are career progression opportunities too – the chance to mentor team members as the department grows, take creative lead of key accounts and influence the way the department operates and inspires the London business. But the principal focus is creating great work that will power the agency’s reputation.
Check out some of our recent work/press:
You will be based in Scotland as part of a European creative team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating exceptional work while working on a diverse portfolio across the various media channels with a focus on social.
- Appetite to create and deliver award-winning campaigns.
- Oversee the work of other creatives on certain projects.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other teams within the agency such as Strategy, Analytics, Design, UX, Tech, Client Services, Project Management and Integrated Media.
- Expertise in selling ideas, creating powerful and sellable decks that clearly explain themselves after we’ve left the client’s building.
Who are you:
- Creativity: Must be great at generating plenty of relevant creative ideas then bringing them alive.
- Copy writing: Strong command of language, able to express ideas simply, with wit and clarity. Demonstrated ability to work ‘on brand’.
- Art Direction: Direction of video and photography shoots, web builds etc. Strong visual appreciation (photography, design, visual editing), up-to-date on social and cultural trends and fashions, able to produce scamps to a presentable level.
- Innovation: An interest in and understanding of creative uses of technology and innovation.
- Industry Knowledge and Expertise: Awareness of different awards and the standard required, locally and globally. Understanding of different channels, with a particular passion for social media platforms. Appreciation for great work – up to date with the latest and greatest. Good Knowledge of what’s happening in the industry.
- Presentation skills: Excellent presenting skills are an advantage: articulate, passionate, authoritative, charming, capable of instilling confidence. The ability to craft an inspiring and clear deck to present work, to make complex multi-platform campaigns feel simple.
- Powers of persuasion: Intuitive and diplomatic when dealing with clients and other members of the agency. The ability to think on your feet
- Teamwork: Openness to feedback, other opinions and ideas. Ability to go beyond the job description when required to help the team. Able to team up with different people when required. Not precious, no ego (the idea is the boss), just keen to learn and make ideas better and better.
- Entrepreneurialism: you take a proactive approach to ideas – you make things happen. Able to see the opportunities beyond the briefs.
Account Manager – Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow
To apply: Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com marked Scotland Manager.
The Consumer Team at Weber Shandwick Scotland is growing…our award-winning work delivering engaging communications that strike up conversations between consumers and brands means that we’re working with an ever-growing client list across a range of sectors which include food and drink, travel and tourism and lifestyle.
We need new talent to join the team and we’re looking for an ambitious Account Manager to join us, someone who can bring the heat!
You need to know your way around an abacus. Be organised. And sometimes you’ll have to work outside the 9-to-5 to get stuff done, but these clients are so worth it. This is all about an Account Manager who wants to own media relations for us in the Consumer space. You will be supported by the A-Team (not literally), have access to all the spoils of a big, global, award-winning agency and the freedom to make your mark in this role and in your career.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing strong media relationships, proactively identifying and driving media opportunities which support the client’s business objectives.
- Creatively developing media programmes that meet the client brief.
- Taking responsibility to execute media relations strategies.
- Cultivating multi-media relationships and pitching content in.
- Building relationships with influencers and working across influencer activation campaigns.
- Being part of the creative development of integrated campaigns.
- Strategic counsel – providing the client with added value solutions, developing new ideas and media plans.
- Managing accounts, advising and supporting clients, ensuring results are achieved and client’s overall objectives are met.
- Mentoring junior staff.
Who are you?
Ideally you are an experienced Senior Account Executive or Account Manager with strong foundations in the world of PR. You are a positive energy within a team, with a can-do attitude and a strong work ethic. You’ll need:
- Great writing skills for creating press materials and media pitches.
- Great media contacts across a range of platforms beyond traditional publications.
- Social media and/or digital experience – and be excited to explore the ample opportunities to develop these areas of the business.
- Be an extremely organised person.
- Strong communications and client-handling skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Be happy presenting – whether internally or to a client.
- Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Have a creative and inquisitive mind.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a never-give-up attitude.
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and we wish you all the best in your search.
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.