There has never been a more exciting time to work in communications.
We’re one of the world’s leading agencies, working with incredible clients in Scotland and beyond, and creating the most innovative and eye-catching work we’ve ever produced.
Do you want to work on campaigns that go around the world? Learn alongside some incredible creative minds? Lead on award-winning projects? Think you’d be a good fit? Come work with us.
Manager, Integrated Media, B2B
To apply: Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com marked Scotland Manager.
We’re looking for an ambitious B2B Account Manager to join our team in Scotland. Our consultants provide strategic and imaginative communications to both established brands and exciting international start-ups founded on sector experience, deep insight and contextual analysis, to support growth and enhance reputations.
You’ll be joining a well-established team that’s based across all three of our Scottish offices; Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen, and you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in the wider UK and international Weber Shandwick network.
As Account Manager, you’ll be working on campaigns across the modern-day integrated media spectrum, from digital channel management to media relations. Already working at Account Manager level in a similar in-house or agency role, but ready for a fresh and demanding challenge, you’ll be the lynchpin in maintaining our high standards of delivery.
The ideal candidate will be able to draw upon experiences from a background in B2B, bringing knowledge and insight from a range of sectors and industries, combined with excellent client servicing and media relations skills. You’ll also need a strong understanding of how digital fits into wider integrated communications programmes, as well as brilliant technical writing skills and a keen eye for detail when it comes to managing projects.
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running with specific complex subject matter, so experience in tech and energy is preferred.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Building trust and confidence with clients by consistently ensuring that executional work is delivered by the team on time, within budget and to an exceptional standard of quality.
- Demonstrating stand-out project management skills, making sure that internal and external deadlines are managed to deliver work on time, including overseeing junior colleagues’ delivery of progress tracking, contact reports and media monitoring summaries.
- Developing tactical plans for client activities and working with your account teams to collaborate with other areas of our business to ensure your clients are getting the best expertise and experience Weber Shandwick has to offer.
- Driving campaigns that are routed in achieving results for our clients across a number of channels. This will include working with our planning and analytics teams to ensure campaigns are insight-led and data-driven.
- Writing a range of copy, including news releases and feature articles, as well as managing the creation of content for paid, earned and owned channels.
- Managing the media every day, proactively identifying and driving coverage opportunities which support clients’ business and communications objectives.
- Participating in the creative development of integrated campaigns for new and existing Clients and supporting the team in researching and preparing new business opportunities.
- Immersing yourself in all things media – from latest movers, to monitoring the daily news agenda, analysing how outlets are covering key trends, developing media relationships…and everything in between.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Ambitious and creative, with a belief in the power of communications and a passion for public relations.
- Focused B2B experience which includes tech and/or energy
- You have the vision and drive to progress your career to a senior level with Weber Shandwick by achieving above and beyond results.
- A proven track record in running integrated media campaigns, having landed impactful coverage in both top tier media and more niche trade publications.
- You’re extremely well-connected with the most influential UK and international business and trade media.
- Obsessed with news and cultural trends and how they can translate to your clients’ audiences – through earned media and paid, owned and shared channels.
- A deep understanding of the modern integrated media landscape, with fluency in digital/social media platforms.
- The ability to digest complex information and turn it into compelling stories.
- A lateral thinker – able to join the dots between various projects, and solve problems!
- An experienced, client-facing Account Manager with high standards of delivery.
EVEN BETTER IF
- You have played a role in developing and delivering award-winning creative campaigns which have advanced standards of corporate communications for an existing client.
- You’re brave and unafraid to present ideas which challenge your colleagues and clients–and defend them robustly when scrutinised.
- You have an appetite to work with clients in regions of the world outside the UK and Europe, and can demonstrate a working knowledge of the opportunities and challenges which come with building client relationships across different cultures.